Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who knew that Norway was the land of JAZZ?

Perhaps even jazz hands! Usually renowned for its Black Metal scene, which I have yet to tap into, for the lack of funds, I have explored some other avenues, that is, last Saturday evening. Below do find a clip of the aforementioned Stian Westerhus in Storås Utested playing in a duo with Erik Andersen, free form heavy loud jazz noise freakout! It cured my post-opening hangover in no time! Afterwards, I went to Bar Blåest to see Bushmen's Revenge and The Thing, two lovely bands with mysterious names! WHY. In any case, BR, as I'll have to call them from now on, is a local instrumental trio, slightly prog and awe inspiring. Note their bows at the end of the set in the middle video, totally Norwegian. Not the first time I've witnessed The Bowing!...The Thing! is 1/3 Swedish emotive sax dude, 1/3 hyper and sweaty stand up bass genius and 1/3 full on jazz kit drum solo extravaganza man on the skins. All wearing matching American BBQ black T-shirts, that no one could really explain? I also discovered with delight that a whiskey is only a fraction more than a draft beer. Ah!





No comments:

Post a Comment