Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Installation View: BABEL

Several of you guys have asked for better shots of the show, and it's not the easiest one to represent, but here's a few
shots to give you an idea! We blocked out 1/2 of the windows for my new projection and for Gavin's piece, which was a composite of footage that he shot while here in Trondheim. He requested simply the back wall, which left me the whole front half. I greatly minimized what I had planned to exhibit, for the sake of minimalism and not to overwhelm his work or my own, for that matter. I hung only one of six mural prints I brought and a copy of "You the Vandal" shown on a TV. The other three installations were made in the last 2 1/2 weeks:

*DRAWN TO QUARTER: Vitriolic Auction Points for the contemporary Artist (the splayed outline of my body with "prices"- double click on a picture for a bigger view)
*LETTER TO ERIK RAUDE (the black branch with gold tips, black death pennant and a letter attached with flesh colored yarn to a letter addressed to the ship that is the Norwegian equivalent of the Valdez)
*ACTUS to POTENTIA: A study in heraldic projection (including the video (((LA MEZCLA))) shown a few entries below)

Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment